Discover the beautiful Taj Mahal and the city of Agra in a 2-day/1-night tour
from 53 USD / 50 EUR per person (incl. hotel)
Tour highlights: Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, Agra
Day 1: Delhi to Agra (3-4h drive)
Your driver will pick you up upon your arrival at the airport or at your hotel in Delhi. After an introduction to your private driver and clearing the potential questions you may have, we will drive to Agra, place of the world famous Taj Mahal, in your dedicated car. First you will visit Fatehpur Sikri, the deserted red sandstone city built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar. Fatehpur Sikri was the capital of the Mughal empire from 1571 to 1585. It was abandoned shortly after its completion, due to lack of water and the proximity with enemies. Then we will continue to Agra and check in at your hotel. According to your wish, you may visit the Taj Mahal at sunset (please note the Taj Mahal is closed in Fridays). If time allows, your driver will take you to visit the Baby Taj, which real name is Tomb of I'timād-ud-Daulah. Overnight in Agra.
Day 2: Agra and back to Delhi (3-4h drive)
In the early morning at sunrise visit the famous Taj Mahal - the symbol of love built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. The ivory-white marble mausoleum was achieved building in 1653 and employed over 20 000 workers. (Please note the Taj Mahal is closed in Fridays. in case the second day of your tour is a Friday, you will visit the Taj Mahal in the evening of the first day). Then you will visit the Agra fort (a UNESCO World Heritage site) built by the great Emperor Akbar. Existing since the 11th century, the Fort was expanded by the Mughals and contains several buildings such as the Hall of Public Audience and also several gate (the Delhi Gate and the Lahore Gate being the most famous). Your driver will then take you back to Delhi. Here you will explore main sites of the Capital city of India. Decide with your driver on what you would like to see in New and Old Delhi. You can discover the incredible architecture of the Akshardhan temple, explore Humayun's Tomb, visit the Lotus temple and much more. Then your driver will drive you to your hotel or to the airport for departure.
Prices per person:
|Price per Person||1 Person||2 Persons||3 Persons|
|Budget Accommodation||$ 160||150 €||$ 80||75 €||$ 53||50 €|
|Comfort Accommodation||$ 208||195 €||$ 104||98 €||$ 76||71 €|
|Luxury Accommodation||$ 324||304 €||$ 162||152 €||$ 118||111 €|
|Driver Only (no accommodation)||$ 138||129 €||$ 69||65 €||$ 46||43 €|
Pricing for 3 persons based on a triple room.
Pricing for more than 3 persons upon request based on your requirements (number of rooms/cars)
Pricing in Luxury Accommodation with upgraded Toyota Innova car
Your tour includes:
- All arrival, departure, tours as per above itinerary (limited to one airport pick up or drop off) by air conditioned car (Suzuki DZire, or Toyota Innova in case of Luxury Accommodation) with English speaking Indian driver including his living expenses
- All applicable hotel & transport taxes (tolls, road taxes, state taxes, fuel)
- 1 night accommodation in hotel in a double or triple room
- Daily buffet breakfast (in case of Comfort or Luxury accommodation)
- Your driver's accommodation and meals
- Indian Government services tax
Your tour does not include:
- Any meals or drinks (except breakfast in case of Comfort or Luxury accommodation). Your driver can recommend safe food restaurants on the way or in the cities
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor ...
- Entrance fees during sightseeing
- Any International airfare to India
- Any other item not specified