Explore the Origins of the Ganges and dive into the Hindu culture in a 4-day/3-night tour
from 167 USD / 157 EUR per person (incl. hotel)
Tour highlights: Haridwar, The Ganges, Rishikesh, Laxman Jhula, Neelkanth Mahadev
Day 1: Delhi to Haridwar (5h drive)
Your Indian driver will pick you up upon your arrival at the airport (or any other place in Delhi, such as your hotel) and escort you to your car. We will brief you to the rest of the tour and answer the questions you may have on India or on your tour with us. Then your tour will start and your indian driver will take you by car to the city of Haridwar. In the afternoon see how Hindu people gather to pray and admire the Ghats. Haridwar and Rishikesh are the first two holy cities in India being crossed by the Ganges River. Night in Haridwar.
Day 2: Haridwar to Rishikesh (1h drive)
In the morning you will continue exploring Haridwar. Then you driver will take you to the holy city of Rishikesh, known as the Gateway to the Himalayas. There you will visit the Lakshman Jhula bridge, crossing the Ganges river. Mingle through this Hindu place and in the evening enjoy the beautiful sunset along the river. Night in Rishikesh.
Day 3: Rishikesh
Today your driver will take you to the famous Neelkanth Mahadev Temple, in Pauri Garhwal. This Hindu temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva and located at a height of 1330 meters, is a prominent pilgrimage site. It is surrounded by dense forest and adjacent to the mountains. Back in Rishikesh you will enjoy crossing the sacred river Ganges, admire the statue of Lord Shiva. At dusk watch the fervor for the Ganga Aarti performed at the Triveni Ghat. Night in Rishikesh.
Day 4: Rishikesh to Delhi (6h drive)
After breakfast, you will have more time to enjoy Rishikesh and its atmosphere. Then you will leave the birth place of the holy Ganges river. Your indian driver will take you back to Delhi by car and drop you at your hotel or any location inside the city.
Prices per person:
|Price per Person||1 Person||2 Persons||3 Persons|
|Comfort Accommodation||$ 429||402 €||$ 215||201 €||$ 167||157 €|
|Driver Only (no accommodation)||$ 218||204 €||$ 109||102 €||$ 73||68 €|
Pricing for 3 persons based on a triple room.
Pricing for more than 3 persons upon request based on your requirements (number of rooms/cars)
Your tour includes:
- All arrival, departure, tours as per above itinerary by air conditioned car with English speaking Indian driver including his living expenses
- All applicable hotel & transport taxes (tolls, road taxes, state taxes, fuel)
- 3 nights accommodation in hotels in a double room
- Daily buffet breakfast in case of Comfort Accommodation
- Your driver's accommodation and meals
- Indian Government services tax
Your tour does not include:
- Any meals or drinks (except breakfast in case of Comfort). Your driver can recommend safe food restaurants on the way or in the cities
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor ...
- Entrance fees during sightseeing
- Any International airfare to India
- Any other item not specified in the tour